Because baby Mylo put it there. Gross. Now I’ve got to clean it up.One second…
All clean. Now lets all HOO – RAH for Friday. Hoorah! I had a doctors appointment this morning with my surgeon. I’m supposed to go annually, but the last time I went was January of 2007 and the last time I actually saw my surgeon was sometime in August of 2006. So I was due for a check up. So two babies later I am up to 173 pounds. I gained 12 pounds with Jaxon and 13 pounds with Mylo. So I guess I’ve got about 25 pounds to lose. It was nice talking with my surgeon because he gave me a really easy way to lose weight: “Drink your protein shake for breakfast, have lunch, and dinner. And nothing in between.”And that was when I realized how much of a snacker I’d become. I never ate meals anymore. Even Jaxon’s”lunch” had turned into a 2-4 snacking session. Oh no! So I had planned on going to Starbucks after my appointment to get my delicious double tall extra foamy no whip peppermint mocha, but instead I decided to skip that, save the $4 and go home and make a protein shake. I’m drinking it right now.It’s not bad at all. It’s actually kind of good. So hopefully it will curb this voracious appetite I have developed.
I will also be consuming more water — you know, going from one glass a day to at least 6. Yikes. I drink no water. It’s all Coke Zero. And today I’m starting up my gym membership at the YMCA. Bally’s would have been nice to go to with my mom, but they couldn’t watch Mylo until he was six months old. At the Y, it’s 3 months, and until then, they have baby friendly classes. They also have classes at 7am, so I can always leave the boys with Matt and sneak out for a work out. I’m uber excited. And at only $35/month — that’s pretty cheap considering I get 2 hours of free child care a day. 14 hours a week. And soon it will be 28 hours a week. What a deal!
Okay… in honor of Friday… here’s this weeks Friday Five!
5. Carla not winning Top Chef — even though she could have if she hadn’t listened to that girl!!
4. A whining Jaxon… all day, non stop. Where’s my smiling, happy boy?
3. Trying to park the Kia in a tiny tiny space.
2. Finding out that there is 63 pounds of fat on my body. That’s a lot.
1. Having to chose sleep over seeing my husband.
5. Drinking this protein shake
4. Towelhead — have you seen this movie? If not, go out and see it NOW!
3. Finding out that there is 63 pounds of fat on my body and doing something about it!
2. Jaxon and Matt playing with their sticks and Jaxon pretending its a sword.
1. Mylo making eye contact with me and smiling. Precious!
Okay… well I will keep you updated about the protein shakes and my weight loss. I’ve got 24 pounds (of fat) to lose by December. That’s only 9 months away!!!
Catch you on the flip side!
So I finally got a few minutes to myself and I should have taken a nap, but instead I decided to watch Wanted. I think James McAvoy is the Scottish version of Matt (hehe) and I like Angelina Jolie (so glad she wasn’t scowling the ENTIRE movie — she’s so much more likable when she’s got a smile on her face).
Anyhow… instantly drawn in to the character of Wesley Gibson… of course, they should have made the Google websearch of his name a bit more realistic. I mean… no searches found? He didn’t even have his name in quotes. It would have been better if they said: Wesley Gibson.. do you mean Warner Gabbon? or something of that nature, you know, when you spell things wrong in Google.
I thought it would be TOTALLY cheesy and make me feel embarrassed for the characters, but overall it wasn’t bad. McAvoy’s American accent was good and I think the role of Fox was originally written for a man because there was this male bonding thing going on…either that or the leads had NO chemistry. But I like that there was not a lot of romance. Bleck. Like a bad ass like her would be attracted to a little shrimpie like him. I mean… even my husband was a hot and sexy bad ass rocker/artist type when I met him (little did I know that his favorite store was Target!)
However, the last line in the movie ruined everything. Wesley looking in the camera saying “What the fuck have you done today?”
I was almost angry. I was like, uh, I just wrestled two babies (one VERY much in need of a nap) to crowded ass Kaiser. I just stayed up all night feeding a crying gassy baby. I just cleaned an entire house. That’s what the fuck I’ve done today. In your face Wesley Gibson.
I do like that song “Bad things come in Twos” My boys!!
Aahahaha!! Jaxon’s awake. Ciao belli!
…well, that’s not entirely true because raising two boys and managing a household is a eff-ton of work!
Yay, it’s Friday. Not like that means much to me. I don’t have a job that gives me weekends off and my husband is now working 6 (or sometimes 7) days a week, so he really doesn’t have a weekend either. But it’s still Friday. And that means time for this weeks: FRIDAY FIVE!!!!
5. Removable, washable couch cushions
4. Carla from Top Chef making it into the final 3. Whoo Hoo!!
3. Double tall, foamy, no whip, peppermint mochas…. mmmmm
2. Mylo’s new smiles and chirps.
1. Sliding down the double slide with Jaxon.
5. Dogs that think they are people and get on the couch
4. People who speed up when you put on your blinker… even though you have ample time to merge
3. Deep cleaning procedures when you have a toothache and sensitive gums
2. My husband working 12 hour days
1. Poops that clog the toilet… because I have time for that shit, right???
Today was fun. I got to go to the dentist! Yay. I had bacteria last year but pretty good otherwise, now I have mild periodontal disease. !?!?!?! Another joy of pregnancy. No I will not be having any more. Good news, my hygienist was super cool (especially for 7am). Bad news, deep cleanings fucking hurt like a MOTHER!!! Jesus.
But afterward I got to spend the day with my family. It was GORGEOUS outside (makes you understand why people pay so much to live here). We went to the park and had a blast. There were some not so nice kids and then some really nice and polite ones!! All into sharing and stuff. Awesome. Costco was fabulous (insane, I know…) And then I got to watch the Office with my hubby and take a 15 minute nap that seemed like 2 hours. REFRESHING!! Then my sister came over with Lola and Brianna and we got to open up the Valentines Day wine that I never got to share with Matt. It was good. Hehe! I love Trader Joe’s.
Anyhow… got to go to the store and get bottled H20.
Have a great weekend!!
So I realized that having babies means never having any privacy… at least when you live in a house where the doors don’t lock.I can’t even poop without company. I thought I could distract him with lunch, but nope, Jaxon busts through the door, chicken in hand, ready to play and go through all the drawers. He tries to unroll the toilet paper, shut the toilet lid on me, and went through all my make up and jewelry. Later on that evening I found that chicken nestled up next to one of my hair brushes. Gross.
I think having a toddler and a newborn is getting to me…. I’ve been so doped up Tylenol with codeine I don’t really know what’s going on.
5. Top Chef – Whoo!! Carla’s going to the finale!!
4. Hair extentions… long hair = fabulous!
3. Starbucks double tall foamy no-whip peppermint mocha… gets me through the day.
2. Washable couch cushions
1. Jaxon’s giggles and Mylo’s chirps
5. Bally’s no-babies under six months Kiddie Care
4. Sticky-butt poops
3. Dogs on the furniture… grrrh
1. Nights without my booble!